- Stay open-minded – As a new Rastafari, it is important to stay open-minded. There are many people, books, and much history to learn from. Never assume you “know all there is to know” about Rastafari…this is the point where you may stop learning.
- Rastafari is not a religion – Never Refer to Rastafari as a Religion. Rasta refers to Rastafari as “a faith” “a Livity ” a meditation” “a spirituality” “a way of Life” but never a Religion. Religion is of man, Rastafari comes from Jah.
- Accept your self as Growing – Rastafari is something you will embrace your whole life. The more you love Jah, and his creations, the more his heart grows in yours. Know that to “grow” as a Rasta, is a beautiful process. accept it, embrace it, and enjoy it…continuously.
- Love Jah! – Just love Jah and all things will fall into place through him. Jah is love!
- Love The African Image African woman, African man, African child, are all beauties of Rastafari. Rasta knows the first man and woman were created in Ethiopia Africa. We see beauty in the image of the African human.
- Listen to “Rastafari Reggae Music” – Rastafari only listen to Rastafari Reggae music. Why? We know this music is clean…and…we can here the word of Jah in this music. You too should listen to “Jah” music.
Know you are being Tested!
– As soon as you embrace the Rastafari Livity you notice yourself being “tested”…left, right and center. It’s just that Satan is “vex” because you have chosen to live in truth and walk in the light of Jah. its normal, keep trodding on the high rod. Jah is there. Check out my blog post on traditional Jamaican Foods.
Love & Blessings to All. King Selassie I.
Lets Face it Jah has blessed some of us with many gifts, talents, prosperity, good looks etc. This bible Verse is a warning to those who are blessed.
Jesus Said “Don’t Cast your Pearls before the Swine.”
The Pearls: Your spiritual gifts, Your Talents, The good things in your life…these are blessings from the Most High.
The Swine: Individuals of a Certain Mindset. These individuals are being used by Satan. Most of the time they do not know it.
- Do not understand blessings or God
- Are Jealous of the accomplishments of others
- Are unhappy with their own life
- Carry Satanic Energy of Envy and jealousy
Swine Actions: A swine knows but only a few actions right?
- To Snort
- To Wallow in its own filth
- To Eat
- To Trample
Keep Silent or Share with those of a Like mind
If you have a blessing, a gift, a spiritual secret… keep it to yourself don’t go casting it (your pearls) before swine who do not understand these things, and therefor will not appreciate you blessing(s). If you want to share you blessings it…perhaps find some people like of a like mind, with similar experience…those who will appreciate it you..or just keep silent about it.
I am not a Trashy Person
ok whoa! It’s not what you think! I love being a black African Empress. But, I do not like the things that come along with it sometimes. For example…when another black woman I meet, we stop getting along, her mind is filled with garbage and because I am a black woman too, she “assumes” my mind is filled with garbage too. So, she gets into this mind “tug of war” with me where she becomes super aggressive and paranoid around me. These people dont know what Rastafari is. Black women who I meet who know what Rastafari is, from the “grass-roots” perspective (i.e. growing up in Jamaica) myself and them get a long fine. They know I have an abundance of love for them in my heart and that to hurt or “defame” them is the last thing I’d do.
I have had many troubles with black woman who do not know what Rastafari is and who assume that I am just as “lowly” in my thinking as they are.
FU to Racism…
I hate when I get followed around the store. Just because I have dreadlocks, or a hair wrap and I am black it doesn’t mean I am going to steal. I used to know this white girl from Montreal. She and I talked Candidly about many things. One time we were talking about how people react to me in the stores sometimes. She told me she used to know another black girl. Whenever she needed new clothes, she would bring her black friend with her, that black girl would get followed around the store, while my white friend would shove the clothing into a bag in another area of the store. Pretty clever huh? That is how you say FU to racism.
Rasta and Black and Female??
I always think to my self…I live in Toronto, and if I were not black 99% of my problems would not exist. I walk down the street black, female…and Rastafari??? What am I thinking…??? course I am going to get stared at….But really the truth of the matter is..the people who stare at me…have no experience of culture or people outside of Canada. They really should try to learn about other Cultures and people, then maybe they wont stare so much.
I love being a black female, and Rasta. It is the greatest blessing I have in my life. Jah made me, he made me like this, he knows why.
I hope black women will learn to unite with each other. I know we are very hurt and sensitive…but lets start living from the Queen persona instead of the slave persona…PLEASE.
lOVE AND BLESSINGS King Selassie I the first.