Best & Popular Jamaican Food Dishes
How to Cook Rice and Peas – How to Cook Jamaican Curried Shrimp – 10 Things Jamaican men like in a woman – 10 Rules for dating a Jamaican man – 10 Things Jamaicans Love! – How to Cook Jamaican Breakfast “Run Down” – Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe
I don’t eat meat. But, I still remember the flavors of some of the food dishes my Grandmother and Mother would cook for me. Before I became a Rastafari I would visit some of the Jamaican food Restaurants, so I am pretty confident I know my stuff. Plus, Jamaican food is so vast, you can be vegetarian and still enjoy flavorful Jamaican food without the meat.
- Jamaican Curry Goat – This Jamaican food dish is so popular and so good. Mostly men request it at Jamaican food restaurants. Before I became vegan, this was my favorite Jamaican food dish.
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken – Jamaican Jerk Chick is probably one of our top 2 dishes we are world Renowned for. Its spice, hot, and tastes really good. You can buy the Jerk Sauce at the supermarket and cook it at home. I did this once, I put way too much Jerk Sauce.
- Jamaican Jerk Pork – I think this food dish is a favorite ofmany people (non Rastafari) Before I became a Rastafari I loved to eat me some Jerk Pork. Try it if you get a chance. Tasty. I am remembering form over 10 years ago.
- Ackee and Salt Fish – This is known as Jamaica’s “International” dish. Ackee and Saltfish is eaten, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- Jamaican Run Down – Jamaican Run down. Jamaican run down is so commonly cooked in Jamaican culture that its often overlooked. Jamaican run down is a breakfast that is made with salt fish tomato, black pepper, oil, scallion. It tastes salty and we cook it with some plain dumplings on the side. Makes a great breakfast, or snack. Sometimes we eat it for dinner too.
- Jamaican Oxtail – Ok I have a confession. Out of all the flavors of each individual Jamaican food, Jamican oxtail has the best flavors. Don’t ask me what they cook it with I do not know off the top of my head….but you should cook this at home. You will be blown away by the way it tastes. Trust me.
- Jamaican Fried Fish – Jamaican fried fish. Just thinking about makes me want to go back to Jamaica. Jamaican fried fish is a food you eat when you want some healthy comfort food if that makes sense. Jamaicans will often request fried fish is they are tired of eating Chicken or if they are vegetarian but still don’t mind eating fish. (like me)
- Jamaican stew Chicken – This is still my favorite Jamaican food dish. I am not crazy about eating Chicken anymore. I seek it out about once a month. The taste of Jamaican stew Chicken is one your palette will never forget.
- Chicken Foot Soup – Chicken foot Soup. Chicken foot soup tastes great when you are in the mood for it. Sometimes if you are not feeling well, or feel like you wan to eat something full of nutrients Jamaican foot soup might be the answer. Jamaican people cook it so good and it doesnt cost a lot of money to make.
- Jamaican Curry Chicken – Jamaican curry chicken is delicious so many people admire Jamaica for this dish. Jamaican Curry chicken is another meal that some people think every Jamaican eats. Well I take that as a compliment.
More Ital Rasta Food Diet Recipes
- How to cook Ital Rasta Curried Carrot Soup
- How to Cook Jamaican Style Cabbage
- How to cook Caribbean Saute Okra
- How to cook Jamaican Style Rice and Peas
Jamaicanlove.org Blog Posts
- How to Cook for a Jamaican man
- Jamaican Language Translations
- Common Names in Jamaican Culture
- Jamaican men characteristics
- 7 Tips for becoming a new Rasta
- Jamaican Food Culture
- My Own Montego Bay Tourist Review
- 8 tips to kiss a Jamaican
- How to Get rid of Headache naturally
- How to cook Jamaican Barbecue Ribs
- How to Cook Jamaican Curried Goat
- How to keep a Jamaican woman happy
- How to Get a Jamaican Girl to Marry You!
- 8 Tips on dating a Jamaican man
- How to get rid of dysmenorrhea
- How to Cook Rice and Peas
- How to Cook Jamaican Curried Shrimp
- 10 Things Jamaican men like in a woman
- 10 Rules for dating a Jamaican man
- 10 Things Jamaicans Love!
- How to Cook Jamaican Breakfast “Run Down”
- Jamaican Beef Patty Recipe