Jamaican Curried Shrimp
You will need….
- 3lbs. Spanish Town Scotch Bonnet Shrimp
- 2 oz. (60 g) unsalted butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 – 2 scotch bonnet or jalapeno chilies, deseeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Little bit of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Picka peppa sauce or steak sauce.
- 1 ½ lbs (700g) medium shrimp.
- Peeled and deveined
How to Prepare
- Step 1
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion, bell pepper, chilies and garlic, and sauté until the vegetables are tender but not browned. (about 5 minutes)
- Step 2
Add the tomato, lime juice bay leaf, parsley and sugar. Season with salt and pepper, and mix well.
Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3
Remove the bay leaf and stir in the Worcestershire sauce and Picka peppa sauce. Add the shrimp and cook until they turn pink. (About 3 minutes) serve with rice