- Show Respect to for his Mother – In Jamaican Culture respect for the mans Mother is so important. Never be disrespectful, always say “hi,” when you enter her home and make sure to say “bye” when you are leaving. Be sure to buy her a card for her birthday and Mothers day, otherwise you will be considered “rude” and “disrespectful.” Just so you know. If you do these things, you will be praised, and ask about.
- Don’t share too much personal information right away– Some Jamaican men have Negative motives for why they may want your personal information. Just take your time with your stats. If I were you I would just lie to him for the first 3 months, and see where the relationship is going first. I am talking about your real last name, date of birth, and your address. Just take your time. If you were meant to be together you will be together 6 months from now.
- Make sure he is sincere – A Jamaican man may take an interest in your for any number of reasons. Only time will tell if he is really interested in your or something you can provide for him. Just keep it in the back of your mind that he may not be sincere, and remember that some Jamaican men love like children…in the moment, loving who ever is around. Just so you know. Read how to become a rasta.
- Give him his space! – This is very important in Jamaican Culture. If you do not give a Jamaican man his space, he can become irritable. You may find him swearing at you and not showing you love, pulling away rather than closer. He just needs his own space and time alone. Many Jamaican women are like this too. Its nothing personal.
- Always keep your body fresh & clean! – Wash your a*s please! Jamaican men do not tolerate “dirtyness.”I know certain cultures don’t take it so serious, but to a Jamaican man, cleanliness is well, as they say, “next to Godliness.” Make sure you shower everyday and wash those creases! Yes I said it…creases!
- Don’t take his sh*t! – Don’t take crap from him. In fact if your Jamaican man starts dishing out trash talk early, or physical abuse, leave him..! It’s a downward spiral from there…trust me!
- Don’t be baby mama #4 – Many women fall so head over heals in love with their Jamaican guy that they think they are somehow different from baby Mama number 3,2, and 1. They think they can change him…they think, I am better than they were…stop kidding your self. Take some time, if he is really meant to be your man, he will be there with our without you becoming baby mama Number 4.
- Don’t assume you are “special…” – Just because he has sex with you, introduces you to his Mom, and tells you how much he wants to be with you, don’t assume you are special. A lot of women who are unfamiliar with Jamaican Culture, assume that these things mean you are special. A Jamaican man knows what to say to women, They are blessed in this sense. Take time, test him, know for sure you are special on his list, by how he treats you, is he patient with you? Will he do anything you ask of him? Test him to know!
Are you dating a Jamaican man living in Jamaica? Do you live abroad? Read 21 things about dating a Jamaican man.
Available on amazon.com